Friday, June 05, 2009

Lee Brings Fashion and Fit To Summer

The one advantage of losing weight is being able to buy smaller clothing. But the one disadvantage of losing weight is having to buy smaller clothing, too. As soon as you change in size, the battle to find clothing that fits starts all over again. Will these be too tight in my hips? Will those be too big at the waist?

My bottom half is notoriously hard to fit. I've got a smaller waist and large hips, plus I like my pants to not be skin tight in the thighs. It makes ordering online practically impossible.

I reviewed a pair of Lee jeans in the fall, and I was impressed with the ability to find a pair of jeans that fit my curves. Of course, that took a lot of back-and-forth questioning with the folks at Lee to make sure I wouldn't have to send them back.

Since then Lee has come out with a new Fit Finder tool on their website. It asks you a series of questions about your body type, your preferences, and then it displays only the Lee pants that are right for your body type. Not a single pair of skinny jeans were present on the screen to taunt me.

From the options given to me, I selected the Natural Fit Belted Desiree Capri pants in Latte. When they arrived, I slipped them on and found they fit me perfectly - not too tight on the hips and thighs, and no big gap at the waist. Perfect! The twill is lightweight enough to not feel heavy, yet still thick enough to prevent anyone from knowing if I wear dark underwear with my capris. They're incredibly comfortable, too - I bought another pair in a denim wash and they have become my go-to pair of capris on warm days.

The only thing wrong was that they ended up being a little big on me, thanks to further weight loss. But hey - I can't fault them for that. I've lost another size in the past month!

The Fit Finder tool was a big help in finding the right pair of capris for me. If I had to give any suggestions, I'd suggest adding a feature to input your measurements so the tool can tell you your ideal size as well. But when it comes to shopping online for clothing, the Fit Finder is a great new tool to make the process easier.

Full disclosure: Lee provided a complimentary pair of capris for this review.

1 comment:

FireMom said...

Actually, Lee capris are the only ones that don't look like floods on me. HOORAY!