Monday, March 09, 2009

I'll Admit It: My Carpets Stink

It's true. I have two children, three cats, and wall-to-wall carpeting. Of course my carpets aren't always fresh. We generally have the carpets steam cleaned twice a year, but due to the economy, the recession, and uh, no job...we have to use cheaper ways to keep our carpets in good shape.

While we have several carpet cleaning products, they often leave behind a strong smell, either from the cleaning product or the smell of what was there before the stain was lifted.

I have to admit, I'm now a fan of Carpet Fresh Carpet & Room Odor Eliminator. Mom Central asked me to try this product, and I accepted with high hopes.

Carpet Fresh is a quick-dry foam that you simply spray on the carpet and let dry. It can also be used on car upholstery and drapes, although I haven't tried it on anything other than carpet yet. The spray nozzle is easy to use and sprays an even layer of foam onto the carpet. It took around 10 minutes to fully dry, but since I was only testing it on a small area of carpet, it wasn't hard to avoid the area. After it dried, there was no residue on the carpet - it felt soft and plush.

There are five different scents available - I tried the Super Pet scent, seeing how I have three bulimic cats. The scent was a little strong for me at first - a slightly perfumey floral scent - but after a half hour or so the scent had diffused and wasn't so strong. I'd like to try the other scents, too. Apple cinnamon may be a better fit for me.

Lately I've noticed our carpet's odor when I've been working out. While we use odor eliminating candles, they don't help when your face is close to the carpet for pushups. Carpet Fresh does a good job of conquering pet odors easily without taking up a lot of my time. Spray it on, go make lunch, and by the time you're done the carpet is dry and smells fresh.

Want to try it for yourself? Carpet Fresh currently has coupons available for download on their website!

No comments: