Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Stuck On Mabel's Labels

**Edited to add: This contest is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!

Most parents know that the second you get more than one baby/toddler/preschooler together, stuff gets mixed together and often goes missing. More than once I've had to ask a friend, "Does this sippy cup belong to your kid or mine?" I've written Cordy's name on many items with marker, but the marker always fades after awhile.

Then I tried Mabel's Labels, and I'm in love. Have you seen these? They're personalized labels that can be used for all sorts of stuff. They have labels to use on hard items, like baby bottles, toys, and sippy cups, plus they have labels that can be ironed into clothing or stuck into shoes. Clothing labels are great for kids going to preschool or daycare - it's too easy for extra clothing to get mixed together if it falls out of a cubby or backpack.

Best of all? They don't come off. My one year old, who picks at everything, can't get these labels off of her sippy cups, and after many trips through the dishwasher, they're holding strong and still just as colorful as when I put them on.

The label colors are bright and the font is cute. When you place an order, you can choose a cute design to go with your child's name, too. Sticky labels come in two sizes to accommodate most items, and you can choose from the Standard, Princess, or Ocean color packs. We like the standard colors, but little girls who love pastels and soft pinks will love the Princess pack.

There's no question which items are ours at playdates now. The labels make it easy to spot our stuff when cleaning up, and if something gets left behind at a friend's house, they know who it belongs to. This has saved us so much money in replaced bottles and cups. I'm thinking about labeling our plastic snack bowls, too, since they seem to disappear at an alarming rate.

Also, if you're a bit of an organizer yourself, Mabel's Labels makes household labels for the kitchen, storage, crafts, or any other use.

I'm a big fan of this Canadian company, and can't say enough how durable and useful Mabel's Labels are. My older daughter loves looking at the labels on her stuff and spelling out her name, and while she can't read yet, she can recognize the butterfly and letters on her labels and know it's hers.

WIN IT! The lovely folks at Mabel's Labels have offered me a gift certificate for a Camp Pack of labels to give away to one lucky reader. This includes: 15 Sticky Labels, 40 Iron-Ons or 50 Tag-Mates (your choice), eight Shoe Labels and two Bag Tags, in your choice of color packs. Your child won't lose anything this summer with this set!

To enter the contest, leave a comment on this post telling me what baby or kid items you've lost or if you haven't ever lost an item (it must be a miracle), which items you think these labels could keep you from losing.

Participation is open to both U.S. and Canadian residents. One winner will be chosen at random (thanks to Random.org) and the deadline to enter is Tuesday, June 24 at midnight Eastern time. Good luck!

14 comments:

divrchk said...

I somehow lost my daughter's coat once. I'm not sure how since she should have been wearing it... Anyway, I'd love to win these!

Amelia Sprout said...

I sent my daughter to daycare with a new bag (actually, and older smaller one) and dad didn't know it was hers and it caused much drama because neither the bag nor her hoodie had anything identifying on them. I would love to have labels on all of her stuff when she starts her snazzy new daycare. I hear they're strict.

Anonymous said...

My kids always lost their sweaters

dolls123[at]gmail[dot]com

Melissa said...

We haven't lost anything besides pacifiers yet, but that's because we don't get out of the house much! These look fantastic - thank you for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic. With the boy starting preschool in the fall, and me expecting at the same time, easier to recognize is much better.

gwenfloyd (at) gmail (dot) COM

adymommy said...

We can never find our sippy cups. My son has to travel with his cup. Sometimes they go into different places with us and I don't notice that we lost it for a week!

These labels look wonderful!

anaGood said...

I've been looking at these labels for sometime now, so I was happy to come across your blog! With two boys - you name it we've lost it. With one in day care and the other in pre-k I know we are on the verge of losing a few more itmes. These labels would be great to win. Good luck everyone!

Superdumb Supervillain said...

Someone snagged Jasper's snack trap at playgroup last week. I wish we'd had it labeled! I'm pretty sure an enterprising toddler must have fished it out of my diaper bag to get at the Cheerios and their mom didn't even notice...

Carmen said...

We've lost all kinds of clothes at daycare - I guess because eventually the Sharpie wears off the tag. These would be great. Thanks for the giveaway.

Stephanie said...

I am constantly losing my wipes container. Also - since it's summer, my daughter flip-flops, usually only one at a time.

cpullum said...

I am always losing the snack containers where ever we go!
cpullum@yahoo.com

Raising Maddie and Bob said...

I love labels and they are so much cuter than a sharpie.

Laura said...

What a cool product!

We are forever losing sippy cups.

Anonymous said...

With two forgetful kids attending various camps, I sure could use a set of these! So far, after only one week of camp, I've already had the kids misplace: a Sigg water bottle, a one-piece bathing suit, a Lilo & Stitch beach towel, an Ariel sippy cup and a partridge in a pear tree. At least one of the things were returned by last Friday but who knows about the rest!