Sunday, May 18, 2008

Best. Steak. Ever.

Occasionally you go out to dinner and are so blown away by the food and the service, you have to tell everyone you meet.

So hello everyone. I'd like to recommend Outback Steakhouse to you.

Oh sure, I'm probably the last person on the planet to eat at Outback. While those Bloomin' Onions looked good, my husband doesn't like onions, and I couldn't see eating an entire one when I could just apply it directly to my thighs instead. Same effect.

But I remembered I had a gift certificate to try Outback, so we took the entire family out to eat last week. Looking over the menu, I skipped the appetizers (avoiding temptation) and went straight to the main course. My first thought was to choose a pasta dish - my standard fare - but then I remembered that I was at a steakhouse, so steak seemed the obvious choice. You wouldn't order a steak at Red Lobster, right?

Aaron and I both ordered the "Outback Special" steak. This is a center cut sirloin steak, and the cheapest steak they offer. We both expected a decent steak, but not the best we've ever had. I was surprised, though. It was delicious. Juicy, tender, and not chewy at all. The seasoning was just right, so that no additional seasoning was necessary. I did ask for some barbecue sauce, and found it added another yummy layer of taste to the steak. Folks, this was their cheapest steak, and it still tasted better than nearly every other steak I've tried.

Our service was awesome. Drinks were always filled. Any request was promptly handled. And when I asked for an extra milk for Mira, our server billed it as a "refill" of Cordy's milk - no charge.

The children's menu was impressive, too. Cordy got not 1, not 2, but 4 crayons, which made her very happy. Instead of the usual page or two of games and coloring, she was handed a large booklet full of activities that kept her happy for most of the meal. And she was thrilled with her grilled cheese and fries.

So thank you, Outback, for an impressive family meal. You can bet we'll be back again.

No comments: