Thursday, March 08, 2007

Killing Germs Naturally

Want to know a secret? At work, I have to shake a lot of hands, and I'm a little bit of a germ-a-phobe. But washing my hands several times a day doesn't work for me. Actually, I have extremely sensitive skin, and many of the cheap industrial soaps purchased in bulk for public bathrooms irritate my skin. We won't even discuss the gross things Cordy touches within a day - and she has inherited my sensitive skin, too.

My purse generally contains a trial size bottle of a soap I can trust, and/or a bottle of hand sanitizer. While hand sanitizers are very useful, the alcohol in them is very drying. I also worry when using it with Cordy - what if she puts her hands in her mouth and ingests that gel before it dries?

Enter CleanWell hand sanitizer. It's an all-natural, alcohol-free antimicrobial. Instead of alcohol and unpronounceable chemicals, it contains Ingenium, which is made up of non-toxic plant oils that meet the FDA guidelines and kill 99.99% of germs.

Compared with the other hand sanitizers out there, this one is a winner. First, I feel safe using it on my daughter, knowing that there are no toxic ingredients in it. Second, instead of a goopy gel, it comes as a spray or a wet wipe, both of which are easier to use on a toddler than a gel. Neither leave any residue or sticky sensation on your skin after they dry. The spray is also useful for spraying on surfaces as well as hands.

Third, the smell is far better than any alcohol-based sanitizer. CleanWell has an herbal, earthy smell to it. The primary oil is thyme - it kind of smells like you've been working in a pizzeria, but the smell is pleasant compared to the chemical smell of other sanitizers. It also isn't a long-lingering scent, either.

If you need a good hand sanitizer, I highly recommend CleanWell. I appreciate the fact that the ingredients are all-natural, non-toxic, and will not harm the environment. I also really love the spray - it's the perfect size to keep in my purse, and won't leak like the alcohol gels.

No comments: